- Vacation is best taken during a time when my trees are not growing at a fast pace.
- All my one year old maples grow insanely fast in mid-summer.
- Watering and feeding can be taken care of by good neighbours, but the trees will not pinch themselves.
- Never leave an Acer unpinched for more than two days during the summer.
- Beeches and birches grow much slower than the maples.
- Atropurpureum needs more shading than i thought and are VERY sensitive to dryness.
Next summer I will be concentrating very much on the pinching of new shoots on the maples and I am considering no vacation at all.
This book is in the mail btw: http://www.amazon.com/Bonsai-Japanese-Maples-Peter-Adams/dp/0881928097/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1218029023&sr=1-11
My hope is to learn more about this species.