Beech - Yamadori

My first beech-yamadori. It has a trunk approx 5 cm in diametre, and a relative good tapering i think. Well, the day after, a quick visit to Clas Olsson to buy a new shovel (Trygve broke the last one), I parked the car a few hundred metres from the site. Put on my cap and sunglasses and went into the forest to do the job.


Well, the job is done and now the real work begins. The tree had deep roots and if it does not survive I only have myself to blame. I lost a good deal of the root ball when taking it up from the green bag, but time will show. Next time I will be even more careful when pulling it up from the ground. Anyway, it will be a good traing for me, with all those branches to ruin and cut of:).

The beech is repotted into a wooden growing case i made the day before with some old shelves from my basement. The soil used is a 20% plant-soil and 80 % Cat Litter from Coop.


An interesting detail from the base of the trunk.



The tree so far. I do not have the heart to abuse it any further at the current time. Maybe I should have cut it some more back, but it will do for now. It is spring time and I am looking forward to see if this tree survives my evil doings.

2 comments:

  1. Det ser lovande ut än så länge. Du kan nog få en fin krona på den redan nästa gång du beskär den.
    Jag plockade själv en fantasktisk liten bok i en kohage härom dagen. Korna har gått och tuggat på den i säkert 4-5 år, så allt jag kommer behöva göra på den är att plocka bort en eller två sidogrenar som är lite långa.

    Lycka till!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Takk, men dette treet er desverre steindødt :). Har en del andre interessante bøkprosjekter på stående ut i skogen som jeg går å klipper på. Skal muligens hente et av dem i år :) Postes under Species: Fagus Sylvatica

    ReplyDelete