DEATH-fungus

Recently two of my trees (birch and pine) has been infected with a grey/white fungus. Most likeley this has occured because of the extremely wet weather we have had / are having in Norway at the time. The fungus appears on random spots in the soil and also at the base of the trunk. I posted images on the International Bonsai forum, and got hinted that it could might well be the "conch" death funcgi (no better name at the time beeing).

Both trees will be repotted next spring. I will move them it to a drier spot inhouse for a while to let the soil dry.
There are reports from a user in our forum that this green moss, that I have been using for decorative purposes (only for tree weeks on the birch) in fact from now, reffered to only as "devils grass", can provoke this fungus on trees and in soils.
This is what happens if you put unknown moss on your trees, so its a lesson.
I have now removed ALL MOSS MFs from my pots and will keep a close eye at the base of the trunks and for the devils grass in the future.
Check the post here: http://www.internationalbonsaiforum.com/index.php?topic=427.msg2275;topicseen#msg2275.

No comments:

Post a Comment